Sicap Oracle Cloud Migration Case Study
The customer wanted to migrate to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for its ability to retrieve faster queries and lower their cost of ownership. A summary of the requirement was to move from on-premises to Oracle as quickly as possible minimizing cost and risk.
The objective was to migrate the on-premises oracle database to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Oracle offers the most comprehensive database migration services in the industry. However, the strategy for moving on-premises applications and their data to the cloud depends on your environment, customized configurations, and the applications that use data sources. We can migrate an on-premises Oracle database to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure by creating a backup of the on-premises database in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure’s Database service.
Matching data types to Oracle Cloud data types. Moving 100% of the data to Oracle Cloud and validating that all data has been moved successfully. Performing these steps quickly, cheaply, and with 100% reliability.
The client wants to migrate the business to the cloud because of the high availability, scalability, and easy management of resources. Migrating to the cloud is not a one-off decision. It has long-term and company-wide implications and therefore, the decision to move to the cloud should not be made in isolation.
1. The migration of the database involved research, testing, planning, deployment, and monitoring.
2. Research about the client’s infrastructure will be conducted on-premises environment.
3. Find out the best suitable environment in the client’s preferred cloud platform.
4. Provide information about other cloud platforms that would be suitable and cost-effective to the client.
5. The entire process will be under continuous monitoring to ensure the migration is going on smoothly.
The customer faced numerous challenges while operating on on-premise infrastructure. Various challenges were faced while operating the server as well as while maintaining it, which forced the customer to decide migrating the business to an oracle infrastructure.
A few of the reasons for the decision are stated below: